DIRECTIONS FOR : OBTAINING, COMPLETING & UPLOADING THE APPLICATION PACKET
Note : ** You must register and create a project dashboard before an application can be uploaded.
Note : ** An application packet contains required forms and information to participate at ACSEF. These are also required by the international science fair rules, to move on to the state, national and international science fairs and by our insurance company.
Note : ** An application packet must be uploaded within 30 days of your registration or the dashboard will be frozen or deleted.
Steps to obtaining the application packet
- Obtaining the application packet that most closely fits your project type from the CHART that appears midway down the homepage at ACSEF ZFAIR website. Application choices are A, B1, B2, C1, C2, D, or E. Each is specific to a particular type of project. Choose carefully
- Print the entire application packet. DO NOT print on both sides of the paper!!. One application packet per project - not per person (teams share an application packet)
TEAMS : Print additional copies of :
— (pages 2) Hold harmless/Confidentiality/Harrassment/Media Release Agreement - one per team member.
— (page 6) Approval Form 1B - one per team member.
- *Complete ALL forms with 2 possible exceptions
- [One exception is Form 1C - complete only if your project is performed at a college or other professional lab. ]
- [The Second exepction is Form 7 - complete only if your project is a continuation of previous year(s) experiment]
- All completed forms MUST be :
- legible (typed or neatly printed in blue or black ink pen)
- complete including information, signatures and dates.
- incomplete or illegible application will halt the acceptance of your application to participate.
- Once all the application forms are completed.
- Print your TYPED Science or Engineering project research plan/materials list which provides more information that your 400 words or less project proposal description and includes detailed amounts and use of all chemicals and equipment. The Science Project Research Plant Format or The Engineering Project Research Plan Format.
- Put all completed forms together in numerical order.
*If on a Team only : Insert after the cover page 1 your additional team member's copies of Hold Harmless/Confidentiality/Harassment/Media Release (page 2 of the packet)
- Insert the Typed Research Plan/Materials AFTER The Research Plan Instructions (page 5)
- *If on a Team Only : Insert your team member's copies of their completed Form 1B after your typed research plan.
- Follow with the other completed forms in numerical order but *Omitting if not needed for your project only these 2 Forms :
Form 1C project is performed at a college or other professional lab and/or
Form 7 project is a continuation of previous year(s) experiment.
Follow the next steps (b - e)
Preparing to upload the Application Packet Instructions :
- BEFORE uploading your application to your dashboard - Be sure your application packet is P E R F E C T please.
- Place the entire application packet into the scanner document feeder.
Scan the entire packet as ONE FILE and save in PDF Format. (We won't accept JPEG, PNG or any picture format.) We only accept scanned PDF Files.
We will not accept scanned and individually uploaded single individual pages of the application.
- Log into your dashboard ACSEF ZFAIR. IF your are on a TEAM - only one person of the team needs to upload the scanned application packet.
- Click and then browse your computer files & upload your pdf application file. TEAMS upload ONE application only.
The system has a lag time of 40-60 seconds so don't expect to see the upload immediately on the screen. Once you see upload was successful on the screen you can safely close and log out.
- Lastly Email email@example.com when you have uploaded with this information : Your Registration ID, Project Title and your First and Last Name
*Teams - only the Captain needs to do this.
Confirmation of Application Acceptance
— We will confirm within 72 hours or less if the uploaded file is complete with all of the correct forms and approved for competition.
— If everything is complete - you will receive an email from ScienceFairNoReply@zfairs.com titled "Golden Ticket" with an attachment titled NEXT STEPS. This will have lots of information to help you prepare for competition and the fair.
— The email will come through the zfairs email system ScienceFairNoReply@zfairs.com. Check Spam folder if you can find it in your inbox folder.
— If there are errors in your applications we will let you know and give you 3 days in which to fix the errors.