GUIDE FOR ZFAIR REGISTRATION
Registration steps to create your dashboardREAD BEFORE starting registration process
- NOTE registration is NOT an application.
- Registration provides a dashboard to upload your application documents.
- Registration holds a spot to submit the application for a minum of 30 days from the date of registration up through February 10th.
- Registration accounts will be frozen or deleted after 30 days if application packet paperword is not uploaded.
Before starting - be sure you have read the information below otherwise your registration will be delayed:
- A. You'll NEED :
- — a proposed project title - You have until Feb. 15th to change it on your zfairs dashboard (https://acsef.zfairs.com ).
- — a typed project description of 400 words or less to TYPE or copy and paste into the *BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION section when registering * The project description MUST include the sections described below.
- — if you are on a team be sure ALL members have been consulted and EACh insert the same title and description when they also register.
*Brief Project Description MUST includes these 5 sections :
- Rational: Include brief explanation why your research is potentially important with societal impact.
- Research Question(s) & Hypothesis(es) or Engineering Goal(s) & Expected Outcomes as they related to the rationale statements above.
- Brief explanation of the procedure (science project) or experimental design (engineering project) you intend to use and be sure to include methods for data collection. If using humans - give their age range, if using vertebrate animals provide species, if using microbes provide the name and/or source of the microbes, if using chemicals name them and how each chemical is being used.
- Risk and Safety: Identify any potential risks to you, others or the environment and safety precautions needed to do the project. ** THINK... because all projects have some form of risks!
- Data Analysis : Brief description of what will be involved to analyze the data/results.
- BE prepared to - Choose a judging category from the drop down menu
*Project Judging categories at ACSEF include :
Animal/Human Biomedical Sciences
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology
Energy, Environmental and Earth Sciences
Human and Animal Behavioral Sciences
Mathematical and Computer Science
Mechanical Engineering & Instruments
Physics and Astronomy
Reaction & Solution Chemistry
Robotics & Intelligent Machines
- B. You'll NEED :
- — Your parent/guardian email address.
- — Parent/guardian need to be present with payment of the registration processing fee by VISA or MASTERCARD.
- — Required: $30 per person registration/site processing fee
- — Your science teacher's name ((wrong)Mr. Jones - (correct)Mike Jones) and email address.
*Note # 1 : students attending Title 1 schools before you can register your school principal must email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide school name and mailing address and request a payment coupon code.
Title 1 school participants are exempt from registration fees once the code is received and used.
*Note # 2 : students attending schools that pay the registration fees - before you can register your school principal must email email@example.com and provide school name and mailing address and verify that the school will pay the fee. We will program the system to recognize the school name and exempt the students from payment. The school will be billed per registered student.
Others Fees Optional :
Optional : $10.00 for the fair t-shirt.
Optional : $25.00 if you need electricity at your display * we are charged by the fairgrounds for additional labor and equipment to provide this. WE ENCOURAGE you to come with fully charged devices rather than require electricity for Saturday Judging.
Optional $10.00 internet wifi access fee. * we are charged by the fairgrounds for each person using wifi. WE ENCOURAGE you to embed any videos etc. onto your computer for Saturday judging.
STEPS to Register
- Register using the box on the right side of the home page in ACSEF ZFAIRS you will be asked to confirm your email address by checking your email inbox for an email from ScienceFairNoReply@zfairs.com - check in spam folder if you don't see it.
- Follow the prompts for payment and to input information.
- The next screen will ask you to create a new project or join an existing team.
- Student individuals doing the project alone should select Create a New Project and identify the project as an Individual Project.
- Directions for TEAMS -
One member of the team should be named as captain (this is for registration purposes only!). The Captain should register first. When doing so he/she will select Create a New Project and identify the project as a TEAM project.
- When asked select your school — if your school is not in the drop down menu you may add it. BUT you must also know the school address!! And be sure to spell it correctly and do not abbreviate (example Madison Avenue Preparatory Middle School not MAPMS)
- When asked to indicate your teachers — If your teacher is not in the drop down menu - ask your teacher to register @ ACSEF ZFAIR site or you can input your teacher's First and Last name (do not put Mr., Mrs., etc) and email address.
- When you are finished registering you will get an email with your REGISTRATION ID from the zfair email system. Check spam folder if email was not sent to your inbox and look for ScienceFairNoReply@zfairs.com - save this email and you will need the registration ID to upload your application packet.
- Success you should now be registered. If you have issues you can email the webmaster through the contact link @ ACSEF ZFAIRS Site
After the team captain is finished he/she will get an email with the Registration ID (generally a 4-6 letter sequence followed by 3 numbers) from the zfairs email system ScienceFairNoReply@zfairs.com which may go to your SPAM folder so look for it there. The captain should save this email - and forward it to each team member for their registration.
Additional team members each must register. They will select "Join an Existing Team" when prompted then type in the Registration ID provided by your team captain.
Everyone (individuals and team members)... Continue through the next step 4-7