Why is an abstract important? At least ten times as many people will read your abstract as any other part of your work
It's like an advertisement for what you've done. ACSEF judges will have access to your abstracts both before judging and during competition (paper copies you provide).
- An abstract is REQUIRED FOR ALL projects.
- Abstracts are written AFTER experimentation AND after the data has been analyzed and conclusions have been made.
If you are NEW to writing abstracts - go to to the link for several excellent hints and samples and the submission link
IWhen you are ready to write your abstract you can (but not required to) use the form at this link. You should be able to type into the space provided, check the boxes below the space. You can PRINT but not save to your computer (at this time we don't have a fix for that) So if you use this form you'll still need to scan and save in pdf format to upload to your dashboard. http://acsef.org/pdf/Project-abstract-form.pdf
Directions : HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT: It is due via online submission by Midnight 4 days before project set up at the fairgrounds
- To submit to the Google Form - click the link https://goo.gl/forms/r8AeaKi7OCkPmlbM2 link and follow the prompts
- To upload to your project dashboard on the zfairs site- do this
- Log in wiith your username and password to https://acsef.zfairs.com
- Look in the menu bar for Project Dashboard
- Open the page and locate the Add/Documents button on the left side of the page.
- Click the button
- Use the drop down menu to select ABSTRACT
- Use the "browse" button to locate your abstract in your files.
- Select it
- Click upload. It should appear on your dashboard almost immediately.