Why is an abstract important?At least ten times as many people will read your abstract as any other part of your work
It's like an advertisement for what you've done. ACSEF judges will have access to your abstracts both before (view online) and during competition (paper copies you provide).
- An abstract is REQUIRED FOR ALL projects.
- Abstracts are written AFTER experimentation AND after the data has been analyzed and conclusions have been made.
- One copy is due to the judging coordinator data base via online submission One WEEK before the science fair project set up date. See the Fair Schedule
- One copy of the abstract goes into the front part of your project report binder
- One copy is placed in a plastic sleeve (ACSEF will provide) on the table top at your display area or displayed in a frame (provided by you) that can stand alone at the display area.
- 10 copies are placed in a pile on the tabletop display area for judges, media and the public.
- Abstracts DO NOT go onto the display board.
If you are NEW to writing abstracts - go to to the link for several excellent hints and samples and the submission link
If you have lots of experience writing abstracts then go directly to the form below. You will need your Project I.D. and Title provided when registering online. Click here to submit your abstract: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: