SETTING UP YOUR PROJECT AT THE SCIENCE FAIR
READ ALL CAREFULLY
— For creating your display go to Display Guidelines
1. Project set up and safety check of your display area takes approximately 30-45 minutes at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton on Friday March 16th anytime between 2 pm and 8 pm - NOTE THE BUILDINGS CLOSE PROMPTLY AT 8:30 pm.
- We recommend members of a team come together if at all possible - we like to take random photos of all aspects of the fair for our awards ceremony slide show.
- If you are unable to personally set up your project - Your parent/guardian may do so.
- Display set up must take place on Friday. If you encounter an emergency on Friday prohibiting set up you MUST send a TEXT MESSAGE to us at (number to emailed through the NoReply@zfairs.com emaill system ) with your Project ID and a brief explanation.
- We will notify you right away with a possible solution to your emergency.
Plan accordingly for driving time and traffic. **Print the parking pass that will be emailed to you from zfairs email system - NoReply@zfairs.com
2.Friday bring the following:
Any artifacts (models, prototypes) so long as they are not on the list of prohibited display items. — For a complete list of prohibited items go to this link: Prohibited Display Items Safety List
So what else do I bring?
10-15 copies of Abstract identified with your project ID only - do not include your name, school name or teacher name.
Copy of your application paperwork + research plan/materials list - You can print these from your projectg dashboard or you hopefully have the paperwork saved on your computer in pdf format prior to uploading. Staple or binderclip together - this will be collected. MAKE SURE YOUR PROJECT ID IS PRINTED ON THE COVER PAGE #1.
Final project report (optional for 6th grade students but highly recommended).The final project report is not something you have to write! You already have everything! It is the same items on your display board PLUS a background report, acknowledgements, and additional photos
Additional copy of Form 1C to post at display - Only those people who did their research at a university or professional lab will have this form.
Additional copy of Form 7 to post at display - Only those people who did a continuation project will have this form.
ENGINEERING projects - larger prototypes/models will be placed under your display table or in a special area of the exhibit hall if needed.
Tables & table coverings will be provided by ACSEF.
- Projects that include some form of demonstration. You are encouraged to provide this in the form of a video clip rather than the actual device for safety purposes.
- All demonstrations must be shown to the Safety Compliance Committee representative at project set up so be prepared to show your video or the operation of your prototype.
- All students using audio visual presentations must be prepared to show the entire presentation to a Safety Compliance Committee representative at project set up.
- Display items of value (e.g. electronic devices, expensive scientific equipment) need to be brought to project set up for safety check, HOWEVER these cannot be left in the exhibit hall the night before the judging.
- You may return with these items for judging the next day if you've received a compliance sticker on the item that is being brought back the next day.
- ACSEF does not assume responsibility for stolen, lost or damaged items.
5. I need electricity at my display area. You must supply your own 10-15 foot extension cord with a UL rating. Bring this on Friday for project set up..
- IT IS BEST TO FULLY CHARGE YOUR BATTERY PRIOR TO JUDGING.
6. Can I make changes to my project research plan or title?
No major changes or additions may be made to your project title or procedure after you have received approval. If you have some minor changes that occur naturally with trial and error - email the fair director for feedback and possible approval. Any changes must be made BEFORE February 15th.