Teacher of the Year Nomination Form
Nomination Deadline: Received online by midnight February 25, 2014
Description: The ACSEF Teacher of the Year is the teacher who has been most inspirational to 6th - 12th grade students participating in ACSEF by encouraging students to develop a science fair project and to pursue their interest in science as a career. One award will be presented in each division of Middle and High School.
Selection Process: The selection will be done by a committee made up of the ACSEF board of directors. Teacher award winners are encouraged to be present at the awards ceremony so they may receive their award in person otherwise the award will be mailed to the school following the fair.
- The nominee must have been a teacher during the current academic year.
- The teacher must have counseled students at his/her school and provided resource support on a science or engineering project that is entered in ACSEF.
Directions: A completed nomination form for this Award consists of:
- The nomination form online must filled out by student participants by the deadline midnight February 25th.
- The student answers to each question must be no longer than 100 words.
- Students need to know: The teacher's first and last name, the school address (street,city,zip).
- The questions you will be responding to on the online nomination form are:
How has this teacher helped prepare you for the Alameda County Science and Engineering Fair?
What other activities is your teacher involved in outside of normal teaching duties?
Give one example and some details of how your teacher goes above and beyond duty to motivate his/her students.
If you could use 4 words to describe why you like this teacher so much - what would they be?
Please complete the Teacher of the Year form & submit to Nominate your teacher. Thank you!